View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Philosopher
Connoisseur
Philosopher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am beginning to wonder if the issue is with the linux version. I say this because I added some books from that install - and am now in the windows environment.

One book's entry is clearly there. But it doesn't show any available formats. When I open the directory, however, in this case the file is still there (I am not sure if it will disappear - as in the other problem - but it seems to be related).

What is happening in this instance is that the filename for the ebook file is too long. So when it saved the name of the file in Linux and created the directory and moved the file - it named it in a way that Calibre doesn't "see" it in windows - because while Windows has it show up in the directory in explorer - it can't open it because of the file name length.

I am not sure how this is related to the other issue - beyond it appearing to be an issue with the formatting of the files/folders in terms of naming them. And in this instance clearly being an issue that doesn't have a problem internally within linux - but does not work well across platforms.

I imagine that would be something simple to fix - and certainly it is something that should be fixed.

Making sure that the file/folder names/formats works uniformly across operating systems.
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote