View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #188
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
@BetterRed

Thanks for the data, but it 'appears' to be related to Win7/64bit security, and the way the Kindle Previewer starts java (maybe, but guessing here)

Anyway, I uninstalled KP and went back to just non-elevated settings, and now the darn thing works. As far as I can tell, this are EXACTLY the settings that didn't work the first time -- go figure

Paul
Aaah - right I got a message from the firewall about the Kindle Previewer wanting to call home, I told the firewall to disallow, I don't allow too many programs to call home - calibre being one of the few - also I have UAC off

I'd say that by running it from an Admin process the Kindle program has been whitelisted in your firewall - so it can call home.

Yes it is java, or it was - I gave it the heave ho, immediately after the test.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2013 at 02:07 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote