View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #311
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Got my PW yesterday (which is actually a gift for my Mom). I also didn't see any blotchiness and yes, there are slight shadows on the bottom, but they didn't bother me after a few pages. The lighting is adjustable so that you can match it to your current lighting conditions.

The only thing, so far, that I didn't like about the PW is that the lighting decreases the contrast in the text. Not a big issue for those of you with normal eyesight, but a huge deal for someone who has retina damage like me. Also, although the PW has 6 typestyles, the best one was the standard one, which is only so so. So, the Nook Simple Touch still wins on that score - more typestyles to address those who have vision issues. The Nook Glow doesn't affect the density of the contrast.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote