View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #87
LadyCygnus
LadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than momLadyCygnus loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpegg View Post
I wouldn't give someone flack over matters of taste, but isn't there rather a large jump between this...and this?
Not really, his books are about a man who excels at fighting with honor. Every other character is a plot device to move the character along to another scene where he displays honor and courage in battle. The woman (there is usually only one) is meant to be a motivation and thus does little else than be beautiful and cry for help (although in his later books that shifts).

This is a problem for modern feminists since if you have a woman in a story she aught to be as good if not better than the man. It doesn't matter if the story isn't about her at all. This can be seen in the miserable movie adaptation of A Princess of Mars where Dejas fights BETTER than John. In fact, they have him goof-up in a battle so she can demonstrate how much better she is. The whole point of his being a man who fights with honor is completely lost because of this (and many other instances of) modern nonsense.

And thus I introduce myself to these forums as a true freak
LadyCygnus is offline   Reply With Quote