View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #21
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I started watching the BBC miniseries as soon as I finished the book. I feel that alot more things make more sense in the actors delivery than they did in the text for me. I mean, i'm incredibly biased at anything with Gillian Anderson in it, but it really is superb.
Those BBC series are usually top class containing all the important plot elements and a huge amount of the dialogue as well. I haven't seen Bleak House yet. {I'll be on the lookout for a DVD of it}

Just out of curiosity, how does Esther seem as a character in the series? Do you find her more believable than in the book. As I said earlier, I really think she should have married John Jarndyce. Allan seems like a superfluous plot driven character added by Dickens to marry Esther off to someone younger than John.

How are the scenes in the slum sections?
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote