View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #7
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
The other thing to keep in mind is that many of the 3rd party applications being installed on rooted Nook STR's have been designed with LCD displays in mind. As an example, the Kindle App has a pretty page animation that looks AWFUL on an eInk display. To the best of my knowledge, this cannot be disabled.

If I was after a reader for tweaking and hacking I'd select the STR, although I'd look more towards the Nook Color for it's general flexibility. I wanted a reader to read with, so I went with the Kobo.

B&N's policy towards international customers (i.e. they don't want them) was also instrumental in my decision.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote