View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
This is probably the reason why there are so few readers out there

It's probably due to idiot moms like this. Ugh.

http://creativeauthorsguild.blogspot...-buy-book.html

It's people like this telling their kids that books are stupid and not to read them that are making this world so bad, and reducing the total reading public. Of course, these guys aren't the only ones hearing that kinda stuff. I've talked with a lot of people at conventions, signings, or just on the street, and their general take on books is, "They're stupid" or "Nah, I don't read. It doesn't interest me." or excuses even more lame than that.

One of my favorites comes from a comic book convention where I asked a guy, "Why don't you read books" to which he replied, "Oh I do. But I want mine to have pictures in them.

Uh, isn't that what your imagination is for? And no, just because a comic book has the word "book" in its name doesn't mean it's truly a "book" by the proper definition of the word. Ugh. Sorry for the rant, but this just bugged me.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote