View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #38
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi SauliusP.

You can ignore most of this - as its been overtaken by what's in the Addendum - I'm leaving it here for contextual coherence

Could you please put accelerators keys on the fields in the DOCX Input settings panel

Currently the only way I can get into it is with the mouse - a device I try to avoid.

If you can do that, then the need to integrate the PI into the Preferences Conversion settings will, for me at least, be diminished.

I've discovered that Alt/Enter on the icons on the left of the Conversion dialogue will display the relevant panel, but the only way into them is via an accelerator key. I've raised a report at launchpad asking if it can be fixed 'globally', but it may not be that easy.

Most dialogues in calibre have accelerator keys, DOCX Input is the one panel that I have to manually reset to my preferred settings every time I do a conversion so...

I would be satisfied if Use first found image as cover had one - that would give me an entry point into the panel, after that I would use Tab

I sometimes wonder if I am the only person who prefers to drive Calibre from the keyboard - I always preferred manual transmission vehicles too

Thanks BR

Addendum

Hi SauliusP. Just letting you know that I've created a 'local' version of the plugin with the initial values I want in the options. That will be OK - pending integration into preferences etc.

My discovery of the Alt/Enter key in the conversion dialogue opened up a can a worms concerning the Qt library keyboard handling After discussions with KG we both concluded (independently) that the easiest thing was for me to change the plug-in.

I'd still like small-caps tho'. Maybe when you wrote that you thought you had implemented them, you were thinking of Drop Caps, which I think are implemented.

I am able to produce much better EPUBS using your plug in than I can with RTF or Filtered HTML, the resultant HTML is MUCH easier to read & edit in Sigil. The docx files are substantially smaller, and the conversions are also about 30-40% faster.

For the record the source file I changed was docx_input.py
I changed some of the "recommended_value"s in the

Code:
    options = set([
        OptionRecommendation(name='first_cover', recommended_value=False,
            help=_('Cover from document.')),
        OptionRecommendation(name='skip_first_pg', recommended_value=False,
            help=_('Skip first page as a cover.')),
        OptionRecommendation(name='replace_bap', recommended_value=True,
            help=_('Enhance display compatibility and replace paragraph spacing before or after with empty paragraph.')),
        OptionRecommendation(name='font_embed', recommended_value=_('None'),
            level=OptionRecommendation.LOW, choices=EMBED_OPTIONS,
            help=_('Font embedding options.')),
        OptionRecommendation(name='substitute_normal_serif', recommended_value=False,
            help=_('Instead of font family for default (usually "Normal") style use "Serif". Useful for AZW3 (KF8).'))
    ])

br

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-23-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: add addendum