View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Right now this is a niche market where consumers are supposed to test unfinished/immature projects that are bound to fail. There are faults either/ and concerning software and hardware.

There is a huge market out there, but unless plenty of money is put into the development of such devices we are in a dead end street.
But I am sure it will happen soon ...
This has become generally true thanks to the extreme digital consumerism, alhough it's particularly true with ereaders.

The huge market is the educational one, but no company other than enTourage* developed something with in mind the REAL educational contexts and practices. They seem to know or care absolutely nothing about education, and how do they pretend to enlarge existing ereaders just to apparently fit the edu field? It's ridiculous. For edu you need DIFFERENT devices than "standard but bigger" e-paper readers.

*I consider the edge like a first attempt in the right direction, not a ready device for schools.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote