View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinx1 View Post
Sometimes the data will be wrong, like a misspelled title or the author field has multiple authors in one entry and only one in the other - that can be used. However, an easier way would be just to color the selection differently. Highlight the rows that will be deleted in red for instance.
I considered that, but:
1) I couldn't find a way to highlight in another color (it may be possible, but I couldn't find it)
2) Even if it's possible, I couldn't highlight in red until after the user has chosen the Merge option (I don't know what he's doing when he's just selecting - he might be deleting or editing, etc.) The merge code doesn't even start until well after the selection is made. It just struck me that if the user's not sure which book was chosen first, he/she really doesn't want to hit the Merge button, and probably shouldn't. It's possible to turn off the warnings, although I don't recommend it, and in that case, it's too late to highlight or double check the selection.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote