View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I have tried the various tools available for epub createn. Neither is what I really am looking for.
Sigil looks the most promising. Hower, there are a few quirks I don't like. Perhaps I will post a message in the forum for that. Major quirks are no embedded font option and the CSS handling. I understand the fact that there is some internal CSS in the HTML which is exported into a CSS upon exporting, but I would like to attach my own CSS to it.
With eCub I really like the flexibility of the TOC handling. Editing is not so nice though.

Editing and creating the XHTML files is not that cumbersome. I found that what takes the most time, is creating the content.opf and the toc.ncx. For compiling the ebook I have created a simple batch script which outputs the ePub. Does anyone know of a simple tool that just looks in de subdirectory and creates the content.opf and toc.ncx? I understand that some hand work is required later in the toc.ncx for sequence purposes.
Have you tried the Atlantis word processor? It is an RTF/DOC wp which has an ePub output capability. It's cheap (still $35 for registration, I think) and it is the BEST lightweight, full-featured, NOT M$ WORD, word processor for Windows out there. Granted, some Win word processors are cheaper and some manage to have more features, but you really should check it out.

(Can you tell I'm hooked on Atlantis? It's my primary novel creation tool and has been since 2002.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote