View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Have you tried adding "page-break-after:avoid" to the calibre6 class too? And removing the <div> and cleaning up the code?
I just tried that now, and changed the <div> to <p class="calibre">&nbsp;</p> to not lose the spacing between lines, and still no change. Numbers can end up at the bottom of one page and the first paragraph is on the following page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There's an easy solution to that problem. Just move the bits at the end of one XML into the next XML. Calibre's Book editor can help you with that.
That's normally what I do, but in some instances there are so many smaller sections within chapters, it would means having over 100 files when 28 is more than enough. And when always forcing a new page, you can end up with a lot of blank space on the preceding page, which some people don't like. That's why I was looking for another way to handle those without having to force a new page for each new section.

Edit: I also tried condensing all the various styles more and using only one style for the section numbers (instead of having 3 or different styles) and having page-break-after:avoid in that one and still no difference when transferred to the ereader.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-01-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote