View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #899
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, how unintuitive does this sound????

When I click on Renew for a book which expires in two days, and I confirmed has no waitlist, I am now sent to a rather obnoxious page called WaitingListRenew.htm

It says:

Quote:
Title renewal information:

If you wish to renew this title, fill out the form below before the title expires. Once it expires, you will receive an email notification that the title is available to retrieve from your Holds page. You will only be allowed to renew this title one time.
What the @#%$*& is this garbage?!?!?!?!?! This is not what used to happen. It used to be that just like every other library system on the planet, assuming you haven't maxed out on renewals and no one is waiting for it, they freaking RENEW YOUR @#%$*&-DANGED BOOK!!!

Who does this?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote