View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
Please can you answer some very basic questions about Sigil.

1. Is it suitable for someone who wants to produce books for the Kindle?

2. Would you have to use it to make the ePub file and then convert that using Calibre, or can it make a mobi file itself?

3. If you did that would you have a well formatted Kindle book, including a TOC.NCX for chapter navigation?

4. Is it suitable for someone who doesn't know or want to know about HTML, CSS etc.

(I have used both Mobipocket and InDesign to make Kindle format books including all the formatting, tox.ncx etc. but I have never used Sigil. The person who would be using it knows nothing.)

Thanks.
Most of these questions would best be answered in a Kindle specific group.

IMHO EPUB is a fine start, so Sigil is good

I have heard that Kindlegen, not Calibre is then the conversion way to go for Amazon acceptance
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote