View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
pakelika
pakelika began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3 Keyboard
hey Guys....

I also got a broken k3 lying around here and want to know if it can be fixed with a serial adapter...

At first I have to say, i never used a kindle before... i got mine from a friend who just bought a new one.... so i dont know how a kindle is supposed to be recognized on a pc, for now it is "se blank ringo" with no drivers ofc.

My friend told me that the battery was total empty when it happend. He connected it to the charger and tried to start it again, the result was a crash at the loading screen at around 50%... (no reset helped!)

sounded like a bad battery to me.. i bought a new one and replaced it... but with the new Battery not even the charging light showed up... so i guess the battery was alrdy delivered dead? (best Chinese quality ).... because when i use the old battery at least the orange charging light is on.. and it even goes of after a few hours of charging.....

So I have a dead kindle with only an orange light while charging... never showed a green light to me :/

Any Ideas ?!

I have Ubuntu as well on my PC if u want me to run some commands in the terminal... I'm more or less family with it, but i would appreciate if you name the commands by name if you want me to check something

BTW felix... i found a German onlineshop which sales the adapter for 19.99eur (plus shipping).... i even think its the exactly the same as seaniko7 used in his Video...

by the way.. is there any written how-to to the video from seaniko7 ?

Greetz Pake

EDIT: kindle was jailbraked before

http://de.rs-online.com/web/p/kommunikation/7158525/

Last edited by pakelika; 05-07-2012 at 08:05 PM.
pakelika is offline   Reply With Quote