Thread: MobileRead June 2011 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #26
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I would enjoy reading The Maltese Falcon again, so I will third it, but personally I would not consider it to be a suspense/thriller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please ignore my nomination for Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. It doesn't fit the topic.

I too feel that The Maltese Falcon is not a thriller/suspense. It's actually (IMHO) just a mystery.
I took off Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, thank you JSWolf.

When I looked up The Maltese Falcon it came up as Crime & Thriller, Fiction, Hard-boiled. So, I guess it qualifies unless other objections are posted and there is a need to check further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
This has been a book club selection, the discussion is here...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99281
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyEpic View Post
I saw after I posted Awesome book though :P
I took off The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré. Thank you TotallyEpic and AnemicOak.

[updated through post #26]

EDIT: oops, sorry -- The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is back on and The Killing Floor is withdrawn. Thanks for catching that AnemicOak.

Last edited by dreams; 05-20-2011 at 11:57 PM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote