View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #40
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyvisions View Post
Well, I did take apart the back and pressed the reset button that is right above the power switch....no success there either. That was basically like holding the power switch for that 30-45 seconds.

I think I've pretty much tried everything at this point. Right now the only thing I could do is the factor reset via pressing the "Home" key before the Welcome/loading screen pops up, which I didn't find out until late last night after I had spoke with customer support and a replacement kindle on the way. It should get here tomorrow, and by now I am over it...incredibly annoyed at myself, yes, but it's not the end of the world y'know? At least I have my non-Amazon-bought books sorted in Calibre.

I just wish there was still the Recovery mode that earlier versions had where you could get your data off via USB and some of the other options. I don't know why they would get rid of something like that.

I think that not having the password option turned on when experimenting with font hacks is an excellent idea, one I will remember in the future.

Thank you guys again!
You should probably also remember to take a backup of the storage partition before installing hacks, etc. I forget this too when I'm feeling lazy. Hehe.

You'll get your collections back when you sync your new Kindle but without the non Amazons books, though.

It could have been a lot worse, mate. Just be glad Amazon's CS is so friendly, and you'll get a new one.

Cheers

Edit: Like bZkindle said don't tell Amazon that you opened it up. But it would be too late for them anyway since they already did send you a new one. Don't sweat it.

Last edited by Kenneth_irl; 02-24-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote