View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #75
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Conde View Post
I just don't think e-books can beat paperbacks. The smell of paper while flipping pages just feels so authentic than clicking the mouse.

[Commercial advertising spam link deleted - Moderator]
That is a psychological conditioning from doing so when young. Younger generations won't have that problem because they will be used to "clicking the mouse."

That said, I also prefer "flipping pages" (heck, I'm 61 and have probably been doing it a lot longer than you) but I'm still cognizant that e-books just make a whole lot more sense than paper books. I'm in the process of scanning my collection of 1100 or more books so I won't have to store or physically handle the darned things. Once done, I'll probably continue to buy books (mostly used) then scan them because it still makes more economic sense (and many of the books I read aren't available in e-book form) but I'll probably read them first because I have been conditioned to having pages I can manually flip in my hot little hands.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-17-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote