View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #65
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
As to the Original Post: Of course Ebooks will replace print. It is only a matter of time. If you don't believe me, reply on your typewriter. Or listen to some tunes on your Record-player/8-track/Cassette/CD/MP3 device. =)

Hey, Hamster Rage, great details there. As an author, I can tell you how much you get: My Print books give about 7 to 15% (depends on how big you are) of the cover price. So most authors get about 50 cents from each book they sell in paperback. In Ebooks, the rates are better, Big print authors get 25% of the ebook cover price, so about 2.50 on a normal book. Indies like me get 70% of books over $3 (at least from Amazon) and that is about $2 on a $3 book. Not bad, really. Ebooks cut out hordes of middle-men, but you have to do your own cover and editing.

Last edited by BVLarson; 06-17-2010 at 04:18 PM.
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote