View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I have always wondered about kids growing up on farms and making friends with the animals. I get upset when I lose a cat or a dog, but these kids see their friends go every other day.

"Tonight son we are eating Joe the cow. Go get my sledgehammer."
the way I was brought up, we always bought and slaughtered oue own animals from various clients of my Dads. one of his best buddies from the Marines was ethnic Basque and ended up out east of Boulder. he had a HUGE sheep farm and a bunch of children. starting at about 5 every kid was given about 5 lambs every spring. there were their repsonsibility to raise, doctor, show (if desired) push towards breeding if appropriate. when we would come out to have a lamb done, the kids all put their lambs ear tag numbers in a coffee can and one was pulled. that kid had to be there for the entire procedure but also got every cent of profit
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote