View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #13
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I primarily buy books...although I never buy a book that is more than the paper version and never more than $9.99. For me the biggest drawback on ebook cost justification is that inability to share when done. I bought my mom a Kindle registered to my account so I primarily buy books that we can share.

I mostly use the BPL elibrary to read books that my mom won't be interested in -or- to try a book that look interesting but not something I would normally buy. So the library has both supplemented and broadened my reading.

If the BPL continues to offer the mix and of ePub books and current titles similar to their first batch, it wouldn't take too long for a used Sony reader to pay for itself.

The tools/scripts are great and I am forever grateful to those who provided and assisted with them...but two of the advantages of the Kindle was convenience and book availability. If my mother didn't have a Kindle, between the latest move by BPL and some of the recent controversial moves by Amazon in this space , I would certainly lean towards buying a Sony if I were in the market for a new eReader.

But for now, the hassle/cost of two eReaders is worth it (for me) to have the best of both worlds.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote