View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I'm pleased that Queen Victoria squeezed through. It's a wonderful biography brilliantly written.
Yes, I agree about the quality of writing. It reads...ahem...like a novel. Only 317 pages and free.

And I started the Satanic verses by Rushdie. 587 pages and an interesting read sofar. I hope I get it done in time.
Spoiler:
Besides a busy time at work, I'm preparing for my journey to Northeast India in november; that is, an extensive reading about the country; preparing my travel journal.
It is a part of the Silk Road and of the Chinese Classic Journey to the West http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuanzang ; parts of which roads I visited already in Iran, Syria, Central Asia and China.
Also I'll see the Pushkar camel fair (biggest in the world).....they have magicians and fire eaters.....

And ..........Queen Victoria was Empress of India, so I hope to see a bit about India in her biography.

Last edited by desertblues; 05-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote