View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #74
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
However, if someone says "Men refuse to read women authors because they don't like character-driven stories", then you'd better back that up with some data, preferably data that shows that men don't like character-driven stories, and that women only write character-driven stories. If you don't, then the statement is useless, because anyone could say anything they like.
I never said that in the thread I was involved in.

The argument that was common a couple of years ago and that I described was that the gender of the protagonist mattered. What was always claimed was the female reader did not mind that the protagonist was male but that male reader had more problem with female protagonists.

Googling this now it seems there is research showing that both female and male readers prefer male protagonists.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote