View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Thanks to all for your replies, especially davidfor and DNSB!

davidfor, I had read a lot of people saying sigil isn't supported any longer in linux, so I hadn't bothered looking into that before..but when you mentioned that I can do all the files together, I thought it was worth a look, and realised that they must have meant that the support is lacking compared to the past. So I was able to get an (albeit) older version installed this morning. I guess if I ever learn how to build from source code, I can do that as they do provide that. But this should work for now.
Thanks also for pointing out the german version, I'll take a look at that to give me ideas.

DNSB, thanks for going to the trouble of fixing up some of bigger mistakes....that's awesome! And yeah, it is pretty much a reading job to fix the OCR mistakes....and a pretty unenjoyable reading experience at that ...my brother gave me an OCRed (paper) version of a book and I wanted to shoot myself by the end of the book after trying to constantly figure out what word was meant.
I will look at the stylesheet...I don't know much about that at this point, so I guess I should learn, but d*** ignorance was supposed to be bliss!!!

Another question:
One weird thing did happen when I put the partially corrected version back on to my glo. Last night as I was reading the little section I'd corrected yesterday, but hadn't previously read, I stumbled upon a sentence that doesn't appear correctly on my glo.
"To avoid having to make the journey on horseback." (page 56 of 436 on my glo)
On the glo, it shows "To avoid having to make the journey on horse-"....
when I tried to highlight "horse-"...it came up as horseback in the dictionary, but with the markers being off screen, and not showing the word as highlighted. When I highlight that sentence and the next, the highlighting works normally, and when I go into annotations, the whole sentence is there, but it never shows the rest of the word on my screen. Did I mistakenly delete something in the coding, or is this some other issue? How can I fix it, anyone know? The half of the word is not missing when I use the calibre viewer.

Edit: when I look at in Sigil, I don't see anything strange with the word horseback in that sentence...so it seems to be something else
I tried changing the font size to be smaller, and it shows the whole word. But when I change the font size to be bigger again, it doesn't show it.
When I changed the font (this time to caecilia) and the whole sentence fit again on one line, it showed, but when I enlarged that font so that it wouldn't fit on one line, it once again cut off the 2nd half of the word.
I tried a few fonts, and as soon as I made them big enough to not fit the sentence on one line, the same thing happened.
I haven't seen this happen before....seems quite strange.
Any ideas?

Last edited by Uschiekid; 03-28-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: update!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote