View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I would never expect a company to release a statement about on-going negotiations. My hope is that Kobo is pushing for an agreement that doesn't just cover HC in the US, but also the prices of HC books in all of the markets they serve.

I know you're a great Sony fan. Are you getting great discount pricing of HC books there?
So far, BooksOnBoard and Amazon are able to discount Harpercollins eBooks. I was hoping Kobo would be able to and we could use discount codes.

I'm not saying Kobo should give us all the details of any negotiations with Harpercollins, but a general sort of "We are working on negotiations with HC to move away from agency pricing and hope to have something in place soon." would be just fine. As it is, we don't know squat or even if negotiations are happening.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote