View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #105
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1d3 View Post
Hey man I got a question, sorry but I difficulty understand the previous instructions. I ask if there were a debricking mode but only utilizing linux, which version of Linux do you recommend to use and how it works on kindle touch last model. I find problems to understand the previous debrincking steps in my foreign language for windows, I hope to fix my kindle almos a month with a kid and the tree. Thanks man for all the posts.
What spoken language(s) can you read fluently? If you are using machine translation on these threads, you could try a different translator. Google translate is not ALWAYS the best one for all languages.

I use linux mint (an ubuntu-based linux distro), but at the command line it is really just a debian distro, just like in the kindle.

So, I would recommend a debian distro, just so you can be familiar with apt-get and other debian tools, in case you want to install them in your kindle.

The problem is that MfgTool only runs in Windows, but you would run windows in a VM (like VirtualBox), which is what I do.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote