View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free book (nook/Sony) - The Brand Within [Business Self-Help] + Sony freebie round-up

The Brand Within: The Power of Branding from Birth to the Boardroom, by Daymond John with Dan Paisner, is a business self-improvement book by some guy who apparently owns a trendy clothing line and is also on the US equivalent of Dragons' Den, that reality show where entrepreneurs pitch to investors, for which the Canadian version is pretty fun to watch.

This is offered free at B&N and also at Sony (available for Canadians at the latter), courtesy of publisher Greenleaf Book Group, LLC, who somewhat to my surprise, are not a glorified self-pub. I was kind of expecting this to be one of those vanity advice books that people put up on Smashwords which often clutter the Inkmesh freebie listings.

Anyway, if you like business or celebrity, or especially celebrity business, enjoy!

Synopsis
The Brand Within is a book for the business leader and for the consumer who likes to be out in front of the latest trend. It's a book for young adults, looking to build and sustain the personal and professional relationships they'll draw on for the rest of their lives. It sends the message that branding is a two-way street.

THE BRAND WITHIN by Daymond John is the second nonfiction book in the best-selling "Display of Power" series. THE BRAND WITHIN examines the loyalty of relationships companies seek to establish by attaching celebrities to their brands and the instantaneous impulses consumers exhibit when purchasing a product. Drawing on his cutting edge experiences in the fashion business, as well as his hard-won insights developed as a sought-after marketing consultant to trendsetters and tastemakers, the author argues that branding relationships have now seeped into every aspect of our lives.

For more free B&N books, over at their discussion boards members have set up an excellent Free NOOKbooks Summary thread which gets pruned and updated every couple of days to keep it current.

Sony, on the other hand, has no such nicety available, so maybe I'll do a round-up of the currently available freebies once I've gotten something to eat.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote