View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #131
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
CantiGUI is progressing nicely. All of the hard stuff (file management, thread management, job management, etc.) is done. Just finishing up all the little things... there are a lot of them.

I didn't plan on using this gui myself, but the save/load jobs feature makes reprocessing a series much more convenient than looking up the command line from the batch creator. With this gui in place you will never have to touch the command line again; even .properties creation and editing is handled within the gui. Of course if you prefer the command line, Canti will still be delivered as a command line only program (i.e. CantiGUI relies on Canti, but Canti doesn't need CantiGUI). Expect a release within a week.

-Update 11/13-
So close to being done. I think the last lingering to-do is error log handling. After that I just have to make the usual updates to Canti and then we're good to go. There will be two distributions:
1) Canti (the same as before, a command line .jar)
2) CantiGUI with Canti (executable jar with the command line jar in its library)
Expect a release within 3 days.

-Update 11/14-
CantiGUI code is done! Working on the javadoc (tedious, but necessary), then I'll update Canti a bit and package it for release.

-Update 11/14 Part 2-
CantiGUI is now ready for release. Just need to finish up some stuff with Canti.

Last edited by lilman; 11-14-2010 at 02:11 PM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote