View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhan View Post
The website option is interesting, as I have several servers, 5 static IPs, and a commercial Comcast connection to the Internet. That would make it easy to connect my netbook and download...from anywhere.
Yes, it does. I use apache on my family server (a linode VPS running debian lenny) along with my library and a calibre2opds -generated 'site'. I don't run calibre on my server, but instead maintain the site using calibre and calibre2opds on my personal machine, keeping the library and generated html in a dropbox folder. Thanks to dropbox, changes automatically propagate to my server, and are (more-or-less) immediately available for use. My family is in 3 countries (4 if we count rural Montana and Manhattan as different countries ) and all access the library at need.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote