View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
what's the catch ?

Oh I know, lock the device into one bookstore and charge more for the books in order to make up for a cheaper front-end price...

Wait !

It's been done ..... !!!!
"Oh I know, lock the device into one bookstore ---"

We know that isn't true. (As you can download from other sources. Just not wirelessly). But I think that many Kindle owners may believe that to be the case.

"and charge more for the books ---"

Unless you have a deal with the publishing companies as Apple seems to. Thanks agency pricing.

BenLee may end up being right in the short term.

I think that a new higher contrast screen is coming out soon. Sony dropped the PRS-600 by $100. Others will too. A short term deal would get rid of the old screens.

Amazon is the only one likely to accomplish such a deal.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 06-15-2010 at 08:20 AM.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote