View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
dragonscales
dragonscales began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Editing with Book Designer - joining paragraphs

Hi everyone.
I have been using Book Designer for a little over a year and absolutely love it. However, I am one of those people who don't really use it to it's full potential and I more than likely have missed out on many of it's features. I use the BRUTE FORCE method of editing.
This means it can take me literally hours to convert a PDF to an LRF.

I am wondering if there is an easier way to clean up broken paragraphs. By this I mean:
1. I have opened a PDF in BD.
2. manually waded thru the book and deleted the chapter numbers, author name and book title that can be found at the top of each of the pages of the book (all hundreds of them). (if it's clean enough I use find/replace, but this can't be done for page numbers)
3. Now I'm left with a sentence that is broken where it was cut off at the bottom of one page and continues at the top of the next so there can be spaces between them where I deleted the page number.

I have been manually selecting the whole paragraph(including the spaces) and clicking on PARAGRAPH in the BD Corrector. This joins them into one paragraph or sentence.

Is there an easier method? I just downloaded Book Cleaner BC18 and installed thinking it may help, but i didn't notice a difference.

I am prepared to continue doing what I have been doing for the last year, but frankly, I'm getting a little tired of it. LOL
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
dragonscales is offline   Reply With Quote