View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hey Jackibar!

The first step in making things easier is to ditch the Mac.... lol

Seriously though, there are a few program's that people have written to do what you suggest. There is one that you can find on this thread HERE that works very well for "Word on a PC"...but I'm not sure if they have been tried on the Mac...I have looked over the code on the linked macro and I didn't see anything that stood out as bad. You may have some luck with it - are you any good at transcribing code??

There are also a some more editing tools that I have seen discussed in this thread HERE...but I haven't used them.

If you have some knowledge/experience with search/replace in Pages you can:
- replace the end paragraph markers with </p><p>
- replace anything formatted as bold/italics with the proper <b><i> tags
- replace lines formatted as headers with the appropriate <h> tag

Then SelectAll from the main screen and copy/paste into your favorite text editor or directly into an html page in Sigil. That keeps the html tags but gets rid of ALL the extraneous codes.

I hope that helps!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote