View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #208
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
i discovered i have to disable the k4's screensaver
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
if kindlevncviewer is going to be running for more than 5 minutes, otherwise i get an error message and the kindle reboots.

re-enable afterward with
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
obviously

edit: ok so here's the whole of my current script for running the viewer:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall -stop cvm
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh -password buttpipe 10.0.2.1:0
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
killall -cont cvm
(change the password (yours probably isn't "buttpipe") and ip address (of the computer running the vnc server) to suit your config)

i have two versions with different ip addresses for usb and wifi, and i've added the lines to my commands.txt for cr3runner:
Code:
/mnt/us/cr3runner;kindlevncviewer-wifi;NULL;KindleVNCViewer (WiFi)
/mnt/us/cr3runner;kindlevncviewer-usb;NULL;KindleVNCViewer (USB)

Last edited by hippy dave; 10-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote