View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_oz View Post
I'm interested but still VERY concerned about:
-that it might have the same problems as the NookGlo with white dots on the screen.
According to this post, the KPW's capacitive touch screen is more durable than the Glowlight's IR touch screen, and doesn't show signs of damage when keys are dropped on the screen from six inches.

Quote:
- eye strain, eye strain, eye strain: a million times over. Sure it's not backlit, it's front lit but the lights are still there facing you. After being in front of an LCD screen, iPad, and iPhone most of the day I want to rest my eyes.
That's the first time I've heard someone refer to a 90-degree angle as "facing you." If it's front lit, then by definition you're looking at reflective light. The light source is at the edge, and the light bounces between the page and the inner surface of the light guide film. As another responder said, it would be like looking at current Kindle (or paper book for that matter) with a clip-on light.

Quote:
-How delicate will it be? Kindles are delicate enough as they are, my Nook has been checked in twice on the front pocket of my suitcase (forgot it was there) and has survived long trips and the gentleness of baggage handlers in UK and AU.
See above.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote