Thread: Seriousness The concept of 'TIME'
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #52
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I will try to show how I envision that, Sparrow.
Take the film of an event. Like of you getting the prize for best time maker in the office

cut all the frames and put them one on top of the other. Look through them against the proper light and you will see what happens when all the instances of time are collapsed in one space image.

Then just take one frame, the one in which you receive that nice check. Look at it from the side, till the image is collapsed in just a verical line on the right or the left. It resembles the full image but everything that was distributed along is now a just a line.

Everything is touching. Get the check and run.

It is not what actually happens but its representation. That's the key point.
I can't get my head round it!!
Is it something to do with timelines - and things are touching (themselves) in the time dimension, even if they're not in contact with anything in the 3 space dimensions, and the earth is helical spaghetti instead of a sphere?

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=M...0helix&f=false
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote