View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
The Pottermore books use some "watermarking". Have you taken a look inside the epub to see what they're actually doing? Run it through calibre conversion epub-to-epub and see what happens?

I much prefer watermarking over DRM. It's the right evolution of the market, as seen previously with digital audio, and I don't really want to discourage this approach since we all know DRM sucks. I'm just really curious how the watermark ended up being done.

Edit: Never mind. Found the discussion in the News forum. I'm apparently very late to this news
Yes, at the beginning of the book, I saw a "book is watermaked and was downloaded by user followed by some ID. The watermark don't seam to intrusive.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote