View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Well, between the total lack of response from Astak two weeks ago Friday when my PPro broke and I happened be within 30 miles of San Jose hoping to make contact, and now Robert "retires" silently with his last post announcing the Plus going on sale 8/14, I think I'll be holding off to see how things progress before spending any more money at Astak.

Be interesting to see if it really appears on the website on Saturday, or if we get some excuse that Robert didn't have all the facts, etc, etc.

I agree. Robertb's helpful and enthusiastic presence on these forums is what tipped me to shop at Astak. Not sure if I want to replace the broken PPro with the Plus, now, or not...

I'm sorry to hear you've recently had problems contacting Astak support. Please send a message to support@astak.com and I will personally make sure our tech team responds to your Pocket Pro issues. While we always welcome visitors at our office in San Jose, often the tech staff is not able to fit customer meetings into their schedule. And a visit with me might be friendly, but I am no tech expert.

Robert's silence on the forums is likely due to the personal time he is taking at the moment. His retirement is a very personal issue, and was discussed thoughtfully and at great length with our bosses, I am sure.

The new EZ Read "Plus" is actually available for sale right now at www.astak.com. You were right, Robert did have the facts wrong: the device is actually available now.

I am sorry to hear you'd like to take your business elsewhere in the absence of Robert. I will do my best to be just as active on the forums, in the same ways I have been vigilant on our Twitter and Facebook pages. As I mentioned, I'm no abuser of exclamation points and I'm not very windy, but I do really love our customers and want to help everyone out here.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote