View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ahhh. I tried the command manually, and found that the error was: my mac doesn't have the voice Alex that they requested. So I took a text file and ran "say" on it with the default voice. It *is* pretty hard to listen to!! Since the whole thing is too large to upload (and too hard to listen to, anyway) I re-ran the "say" program on just the first 3 paragraphs. I'll include the whole text file, in case you want to know how the short story turns out!
Wow! Thanks for trying this. It was actually a bit better than I expected and I'm not sure if it is due to the female voice used (reminds me of my GPS ). I'm so used to the "Stephen Hawkings" male voice for these things.

If I closed my eyes to listen, some parts were hard to follow but I think I could get accustomed, kind of like getting used to a thick accent.

Very interesting. It will be fun to see where technology goes with this in the next 5-10 years.

Thanks again!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote