View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #1543
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Several of you interested me in the Iron Druid series whan it's newest book's release coincided with Cold Days' release date. So I picked up the first one, Hounded, ,and put it on my TBR list. I've just begun it and right now I'm ready to start chapter 5 and instead, I'm considering abandoning it.

I don't like Atticus at all. But I do love the locale. However I don't think an unlikeable protagonist and a familiar and appreciated locale is enough to keep my intrest (keep? I'm not yet interested!).

What m I missing, if anything?

Not sure if you're missing anything, but I do remember that I found Atticus a bit Mary Sue-ish at first. It certainly took some time for me to really get into the book, though I don't think I ever wanted to quit. And I really started to like Atticus along the way, especially in combination with Oberon.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote