View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
I have enterred the key numerous times and it still says that connection was unsuccessful. It see my modem and somewhere along the way I have seen the it has excellent signal strenght. But Wi-Fi always shows unsuccessful and I can't get online.
Did you follow the procedure in the PE manual (page 23 in the PDF version)?

Set the SSID.
Select the security type from the pulldown list. Make sure you are using the correct type or you will never get it to work.
It is advisable to turn on 'show password' to make sure you are entering the letters/numbers correctly.

Note that some WiFi units expect a colon between each letter/number pair. Also be sure of the degree of encryption - 64 or 128 bit because that determines the number of letter/number pairs - trying to put a 128 but key in a 64 bit space won't work.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote