View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshare
Given similar needs, I settled on the Motion LS800. On the up side, the LS800 meets almost all your needs. On the down side, it is expensive.
How long does the battery last on one of those tablets, anyway? I know people complain about battery life on the iLiad, but most laptops make it look limitless by comparison.

Regarding keyboard input, it's not so much that I want to write everything by hand (I'm no J.K. Rowling!) I certainly type more quickly than I write in longhand, and the results are usually more legible as well. But there are a lot of situations in which typing can be distracting, e.g. in class, in a meeting, or while observing a classroom for qualitative research. It's also possible to write while standing or even walking, whereas typing is tricky to impossible. That's why some kind of HWR is a good thing from my perspective, even if it happens offline or is used mainly for indexing/search. That being said, when I used to use my Newton for everything, I did have a keyboard in a cool folder that had a prop to hold the Newt up so I could view it like a screen while typing. That gave me the best of both worlds.

Last edited by nekokami; 02-07-2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: keyboard
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote