View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I always read Amazon's reviews for a book. Both .Com and .Co.Uk sites.
I also check how many reviews a reviewer has written, if it is 5 stars and only 1 review I don't even bother reading it. The same applies to 1 star reviews.

Quote:
Usually the 1's are written by complete idjits of one variety
I am really really sorry but I don't consider myself "idjit" of any variety, otheriwse it would be an insult for people who respect me. But I do give some books 1 star if the books deserve it. For example, Nation by Terry Pratchett or American Gods by Neil Gaiman or The Soddit by Adam Roberts.
I think I could go on but I didn't write reviews on amazon for all of them or some I gave 2 stars (although actually they deserve 1 star maximum, some -1...) (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Donaldson, Bags of Bones by King, Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe, The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings, Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny, The Secret History of Moscow by Ekaterina Sedia)
astra is offline   Reply With Quote