View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #17
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidenvy View Post
I can't remember who said it (regarding writing).. "If you want to send a message, use Western Union".

I think those who put a heavy-handed message in their work will almost certainly alienate whomever doesn't already share those opinions. BUT, if the reader does agree with your viewpoint, that validation might be enough to carry off the book for you.
That was in an Ad. Also "send a telegram"
That service was discontinued in 2006. I don't know about the money service.

When I was a little bitty kid, I saw telegrams. Some of them had the paper strip from the telegraph key machine with the message pasted on paper. Later messages were typed on the paper.

Usually it was for a death or it might be the time of arrival on a train. And my mom had some from the 2nd world war, when her brother was wounded. In a scrap book.

Also I think it was easier to send a telegram than to make a long distance call for a lot of people, just like some people use "money orders."

A telegram would be carried to your house immediately.

Last edited by SeaKing; 04-19-2013 at 01:10 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote