View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I agree - all excellent devices. Their only downside is that because they aren't subsidised by being associated with a bookseller, they are somewhat more expensive than the heavily subsidised devices from Amazon, B&N, and Kobo. I owned devices from all of Pocketbook, Onyx, and Bookeen in the past and been very pleased with them.
There is an exception for the pocketbooks sold in Italy, as they are linked to the IBS (internet bookshop) store, which sells them highly discounted - and then you are free to install the standard pocketbook firmware if you don't want to be stuck to an Italian bookshop. The Basic at €75 compares ok with Kindle at €79, and the - only thing, if you don't go through Italy, probably delivery costs make it nor worth it! In my case, I wish I had know earlier, it would have saved me quite a sum
paola is offline   Reply With Quote