View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #37
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
It's probably a Title/Qualification, as from Royal Academy of Arts (or Architecture), so meaning a Royal Architect.
Thank you, that makes sense in that context. I thought of Royal Academy as one of the possibilities, but that someone else picked up that it applies to the architect makes me more sure of it, so Royal Architect (or architect from the Royal Academy) sounds like the best choice.

Before I converted all my ellipses to be spaced with  , I had seen several instances in the book where the ellipse itself fell on the next line away from the preceding punctuation mark, and it didn't look right. But what looked even worse was when it was on the same line but had a wider gap between the punctuation mark and the start of the ellipse, it just looked bad to me.

Once you see that on your reader, you might feel differently about inserting the   between the preceding punctuation and the ellipse, that's what made up my mind to redo them. Not to say either way is wrong, just which you prefer seeing while you read.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote