View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #25
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by aecardenas View Post
The book/series that I've been desperately trying to get into has been The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I say "trying" because I can't seem to get past the first two books. I mean they are SO awful...and I used to be a really big Stephen King fan. The Dead Zone, the Shining, Misery, his short stories...those are some amazing books. And I heard so many great things about the Dark Tower, saying it was his masterpiece, etc.
I'm a big Stephen King fan but I couldn't even finish The Dark Tower. It gets real awful after book three. Here's how I'd rate them:

The Gunslinger: B
The Drawing of the Three: A-
The Waste Lands: A
Wizard and Glass: B-
Wolves of the Calla: C
Song of Susannah: D- (only read half of this but bleh)

And I didn't read any of book 7. If you don't like the first two books, I wouldn't recommend continuing at all. It just gets worse.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote