View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #56
andrewed
typist
andrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Kindle 3
Nook development

Good news.

I found two professional programmers (verygreen and ros87 at xda-developers.com) to work on the project using the Nook Simple Touch (NST). We have had several friendly exchanges over the past five days. These guys are simply awesome.

The idea is to activate the USB Host mode with a kernel patch and get the power to work somehow. One guy already did this with the Nook Color. The other guy has worked a lot on USB Host mode on the NST. I should have more news by the end of next week.

If we succeed, then I would design IKEA-style, ultra-clear instructions for the hack, which assume zero programming knowledge, so even non-hackers (like me) can do it. Further, to provide a simple service whereby you could ship a NST to a friendly technician to have the hack installed for you at a reasonable cost. Presumably, all this would lead to badder, slicker e-paper tablets in the future. One step at a time, starting with the cheap, quick, and dirty.

This week, I am buying a NST for the Nook Color guy to work with, cost $100. I already donated $20 total to them and would like to continue with that. Anyone who would like to help out can paypal me at
info@andrewdurham.com

Thanks for your ongoing interest and support.

Andrew

Last edited by andrewed; 01-21-2012 at 10:49 PM.
andrewed is offline   Reply With Quote