View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeReader View Post
What a cool hack, thanks Iņigo!

At first I installed the "lite" version, no problem.

After that I wanted more and extracted the UDS from the firmware of the DR1000. But at first I could not install the "full" version on the reader, there where never any files copied in the _backup folder (and so I assumed there where also no new files in the /usr/bin directory).

Then I removed this check in the shellscript dr800+.sh:

Code:
if [ -s uds.dr1000 ]; then ... fi
After the removal of that part it worked, but I can not recommend this method because you MUST be 100% sure that you have the correct uds.dr1000!

Iņigo, do you have an idea what the problem could be? I'm not that shellscript guru
Have you copied DR1000 uds binary to <SD card>/Programs/_dr800+ folder as "uds.dr1000"?

The -s part tries to verify if there is a non-zero file called uds.dr1000, to avoid breaking the device.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote