View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
Marcela
Marcela began at the beginning.

Device: none
Another undecided newbie

Hi everybody!

I've been lurking for sometime now and see you have a very nice and helpful community here.

My situation is this. I'm mexican living in Mexico. I'm new to ebooks but already have some titles in mobi format in my computer, and I've decided it's time to get an ebook reader and stop hurting my eyes reading them in my laptop.

My problem deciding which device to buy comes from both price and availability. I think I like the kindle functions and I'm pretty sure I could get someone to bring it to me from the US, what I'm not so sure about is if I would still be able to buy from the kindle store using gift cards (I read some post about it but I couldn't see if it is indeed working or not) and if I would be able to read the ebooks I already own in it (I don't know if they are DRM protected or not, what's the way to do it?). I'm not set on the kindle and I'd love to hear people's experiences with the different options.

In short, I would be using the device basicly for reading novels, I'd really love to save some money if at all possible but at the same time I don't want to get something and not be able to use it either because content is restricted or unavailable in my country, so I'm willing to consider anything.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give

Last edited by Marcela; 11-15-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Marcela is offline   Reply With Quote