View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
We picked up a Motorola Xoom over the weekend and I had a question about it. My hubby was interested in downloading a reading app like Kindle and reading on it. I warned him he might get a big headache as it's backlit.

Does anyone successfully read off a tablet with no probs at all?
All depends: can you read for, say, 15 minutes or a half-hour of black text on a white background on your computer without your eyes starting to itch or feel tired? (go read a few long articles on Wikipedia and try not to let your eyes be distracted by other things to give them a rest) If so, you can handle reading on a tablet.

But since you already have the tablet, just install a reader and download a freebie somewhere to test. *shrug*
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote